You might know Joe from his now legendary underground documentary series "Joe's Tours" on Instagram & Facebook. Although that's a classic that surely BBC or Netflix should pick up ASAP, perhaps you know him as Sworn Enemy's hype man. But he's better known as the tone zone riff lord of metallic hardcore band First Blood. We ate Beetroot Cous Cous together. It was a nice time. Joe is a top notch geezer who kindly answered five questions for me.
1. Straight off he bat, if you were forced to listen to only FIVE albums for the rest of your life, what would they be?
This is a tricky one! Purely based on the fact that these records have no bad songs and they are classics!
1. Pantera - Cowboys from Hell
2. Metallica - Master of Puppets
3. Hatebreed - Perserverance
4. Terror - One with the Underdogs
5. The acacia strain - Continent2. Are there any bands, past or present that you wish got more attention?
Dyscarnate, they are just one of those bands that always play low on the bill but set the bar sooo high ya know! Super talented guys!
a) Best / favourite show you've played
b) Worst / least favourite show you've played
A: i would say Vainstream Festival in Germany, we played a set at like 10:30am and was just blown away at how many people came out early to see us, it was awesome
B: im going to have to save my least favourite show was Overdrive Festival in Austria. Not because the show sucked but the fact that its probably the hottest show/venue i have ever been in, just breathing in hot air! we got 3 songs in and our drummer told me to pour water all over him as he couldnt take it anymore! Just imagine how the crowd felt? Aircon goes a long way!
4. Favourite releases of 2019?
For riffs and tone its gotta be my boys in Sworn Enemy - Game Changer
5. What's the rest of 2019 got in store for Joe Kenney / First Blood?
We have a few shows left in August/October but taking some down time to write. Expect something new next year!